Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Sterling's Memorial Revisited

Micah and I went to Sterling's Memorial today. Many friends had come before - and Stervling's real life boyfriend also came inworld to join with Sterl's SL community to celebrate his life.

Micah and I were very moved by the experience. Jay Wigner and I talked about establishing a permanent memorial park on the new Beach Bum's island that Boots and Shawn are buying so that we can have a space to remember those of us who have passed. We need to start to collect the history of our people - the gay community of SL. In many ways the SL gay community is a development that is profound - here we belong and are the Normal People.

And unfortunatly - gay bashing has come to SL. To learn more about it i recommend you visit the blog of my brother - Makara Yorimasa -

http://makara-yorimasa.blogspot.com/

where he talks about some of the more reprehensible things that have started to happen.

I recommend that anyone with a SL who wants to see what SL can mean to people go to Sterling's memorial site. send me an email or request and I will send you the LM.

If anyone would like to help with the Memorial Park or the History let me know.

Many thanks.

No comments: