Monday, July 9, 2007

New Friends and Thoughts of Love in SL


I was fortunate enough to make a new friend - a gentleman from Spain whom I met at a gallery opening. He seems to be an interesting fellow - but somewhat sad - he is alone in SL (I don't know about RL) and lonely. So he has told me.


It has been interesting to talk with him - first off - I can speak Spanish so we can communicate nicely, and secondly because he is from another culture and yet he still has the same needs and wants as we all have. So we can talk about how he sees these things and how I see them. And we can look at the differences - and the similarities.


It took a bit for him to understand the depth of commitment that I feel for Micah - and to understand fully that my vows to Micah are absolute - that to me married means married - but once we were past that hurdle we could talk freely - that was nice.

I invited him to get to know us - Micah and me - a little through the blog - and he did. He said the nicest thing - he said our life was an idyll - idyllic - and that started me thinking - and yes it is.


I said to him when he said that - "my love for Micah is total - complete - I breathe for him (respiro por el)." And suddenly I realized once again - as if for the first time - that is true.


When I say "I breathe for Micah" it has a very specific and special meaning to me. No I don't mean I am really a respirator - of that he needs artificial respiration all the time.
It means that each day - each moment - I remember that my life was dedicated to our shared reality the moment I recited my vows to him in our campsite. It was I - me - myself - who said those vows.
On that day in March I stood there and addressed all those things that I hold dear and holy - in the sky and in my own way and inside the depths of myself. I voiced my intentions and my promise - - in front of the stars and the moon - before my memories of the people in my life and my own thoughts - deep within myself - I made a vow - a promise - a statement.

I said then and I say it now: I love you Micah - through all - in up and down times - in happy and sad times - in easy and hard times - in comfort and in difficulty- no matter - I love the man I know - the Micah within you - the Micah I see and the Micah I touch.


I would do it all again my darling.


I just did.


And with that, gentle reader - I wish you a good night - good dreams - and good fortune. I wish you all love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know, Gabe.. I really look up to you.. on ur commitment and love to Micah... sometimes I wish, i can love like you! unconditionally, without any doubts..