Wednesday, July 11, 2007

More Love Poems - and Thoughts About Love (Poems)

Here are two more love poems to think about today - I post them because

1. I love them - they say what I would like to say so nicely, and I love to read them aloud to Micah, and

2. The world is so full of hate that we need to stop sometimes and look at voices of love.

Look at what is happening - the news from Britain of the Epileptic young man held captive until he died, and the trial there. News from Iraq, where we have managed to make the situation so desperate for so many people that even conservative Republicans are starting to wonder why we made such a mess.

Look at London - where terrorists are trying to blow up people in the name of God, for crying out loud. Look at Glasgow, where they managed to blow up a car bomb at the airport.

Look at Darfur, and the world ignoring the genocide of millions, while stupid legal arguments in the US help to keep the White House from being held accountable to Congress, as the Right Wing continues to try to re-write the constitution to their own aims.

Look at all of it - everything I mentioned and everything I didn't - and stop - and think - what do the great teachers say to us - Jesus, and Buddha, and all those who seemed legitimately interested in seeing human kind lift itself above the battles that bring it constantly to the edge.

Love - they said. Be compassionate - they said. Do not treat others in a manner you do not want for yourself, for your child or your beloved.

And what do we do - we fight to prove we are right, or we fight for money, or we fight for power - they are all the same really.

Esmie writes about it in his blog - go read it - it is linked on the right hand side of this page.

And now for a moment stop - yes you - STOP!!! and read of love - and think - isn't this what life was meant to be - love - not hate.

You could ask "what can I do? - The meanies are in charge!!"

Yes, they are. They usually are. But you can say no - no to violence, no to hate, no to discrimination, no to excess, no to waste. Make a difference - in your life - in the life of a child - in the life of a neighbor. Love someone - help someone - reach out to someone - it will go around the world.

So - Here - Stop - Read - Two Poems - Not by Me - By Good Poets -

Please - I hope you enjoy them.


A Red Red Rose - a poem by Robert Burns (please note that I have made Bobby Burns gay - hehe - his love is now a lad.)


O my Luve's like a red, red rose
That's newly sprung in June;
O my Luve's like the melodie
That's sweetly played in tune.

As fair art thou, my handsome lad,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry:

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun;
I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only Luve,
And fare thee weel awhile!
And I will come again, my Luve,

Tho' it ware ten thousand mile



BREAK OF DAY.by John Donne

STAY, O sweet, and do not rise ;
The light that shines comes from thine eyes ;
The day breaks not, it is my heart,
Because that you and I must part.
Stay, or else my joys will die,
And perish in their infancy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The sad thing is, no matter how much we show our love, there's always this sinister thing that lurks around. His name is Suspicion. With him around, there are doubts. And we can guess wat they can do. But end of the day, I think I still believe, Love can prove and conquer all..

Esmiel said...

OMG you made Bobby Burns gay! Don't ever come to Scotland, he's their national hero and ummm.. they dont take kindly to that sort of thing in some parts. Thanks for the mention gabie.. Love rules! yay!