Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Sources of Joy: Gay Pride, the Fourth of July, and Esmie

Well the Pride Celebration - the Second Annual SL Gay Pride Celebration - is over. It was a great time - unfortunately I don't have any pic's. Oh well - but I can tell you about it.



First of all, the rented SIMs for Pride were so terrific that everyone wanted to be there - result - the lag was so high that no one could move - LOL. I went for about 10 minutes and that was all I could take - I thought I was going to be catatonic for the rest of my life. But it was beautiful.



On Saturday past - the 30th of June - there was a very ambitious play - on the creation of SL performed by a group of friends for a huge audience on a broad lawn in front of the stage. The Sound was broadcast through a streaming shoutcast server and it was awesome to hear the actors speaking their lines - when it worked. That kind of chat server isn't ready for prime time yet- but it is being worked on and when it is perfected it will be great.



Micah and I went with our friends - we were there with Esmie and Kitten, and with Jay and with Erik. It was lovely and a wonderful way to spend an afternoon in the summer.



After the play we went off to the opening of the Gay Couples of SL exhibit by Marisela Bouchard - a wonderful photographer who has captured the essential quality of so many couples in this show. I do have her photos of me and Micah - so here they are.







Pictures of Esmie and Kitten were in the show, and Jay and Tad, and so many friends. It was lovely - and they are for sale - so GO SUPPORT MARISELA AND HER ART.



Esmie is now the concierge on one of our SIMs - Maupiti - you can read all about it on his blog which is linked here on the right. He and Kitten are working to make Maupiti a marvelous place - Kitten is building for Steph and RJ and Esmie is the go-to guy for everything.

Of all the people I ever met - Esmie was the first to capture my heart. Here is what I said about him in my profile picks in SL -


Esmie - You were my first great love in second life -you had all of my heart in the palm of your hand, and I will always hold your well-being in my soul- i am glad you are my friend - such friends as you are the foundation of the world.

Esmie is my friend - one of my best friends in the world - any world. We have remained so close over all these months. I know him and he knows me- and we care for each other in a very special way. I have his back - always - and I know he has mine. I would leap in front of a train to save Esmie - and I know he would do the same for me.

It is a wonderful friendship. Check out his blog - it is wonderful. I don't know what I would do without Esmie - I don't want to find out. Hi Esmie - thanks for being my friend.


Tomorrow is the big Fourth of July celebration - in NY we will have fireworks in the harbor. Last night Esmie Kitten and I and Jamie and Celty put up a fireworks display for Boots Beach - we were testing it out. It was lovely - you can fly up to where the rockets burst and be surrounded by the colors and the lights. Awesome - and you don't need a plane. Hehe.


Have a wonderful Fourth of July everyone - no matter where you live take a moment on Wednesday and say Whoot!!

2 comments:

Esmiel said...

(I screwed up my last comment lol so here is a new one. You know I'm a perfectionist)

Thank you Gabie, for trusting me and letting me trust you with anything, at any time. Thank you also for showing how great and true a friendship can be - SL or RL. I love you loads, and I know that won't ever change.

Unknown said...

I get all warm and fuzzy (in a decent way ok!!) reading about the very special friendship between you and Esmie.. :)