Wednesday, July 11, 2007

For Micah – An Ode to Love Eternal

I wrote this poem for Micah today - I decided to post it - I never do - because I want to shout to the world how much I love my man - my Micah - my beloved. I hope you like it puppy - I wrote it just for you.

When all is past and done,
And all has gone away,
When cold invades the sun,
And night takes over day,

When everything must flee,
Perish as it must.
And all will cease to be,
And return to celestial dust.

Then in that cold new time,
Awaiting yet a birth,
One clear bell will chime,
Sounding clearly from our earth.

For on our earth then plunged in Hell,
My love for you endures,
And angels then will tell,
How love all life ensures.

And when the time does come,
For earth to be reborn,
And with the rising of the sun,
We see a brand new morn,

One thing will be there yet,
New and still so old,
Our love which did beget,
This story I have told.

Every child to child knows,
When first his breath doth take,
Our love the new seed sows,
As new dawn here doth break.

Our world will come anew,
And what will be its fate?
We’re bathed by our love true,
In the arms of one true mate.

You are for me the sky,
The air the wind the sea,
And though all things must die,
Our love will always be.

1 comment:

Esmiel said...

wow Gabie! thats awesome and so beautiful. Wish I could write poems like that
*hugs*