Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Notice of Major Personal Importance to Me and Micah - Please Read




To all my faithful readers:



For a number of months now I have been writing about my marriage to my husband, Micah Michinaga, and the wonderful relationship we have experienced together.


Micah and I have been together for almost 8 months. We met at Christmas last year, and began to live together in January, and were married in May. We have been through good times and tough times, through sickness and health.


It has been a wonderful and loving time. Now, however, it must change.


On Monday, July 23, 2007 Micah and his long-time partner (actually high school sweetheart) Eric were joined together as Civil Domestic Partners as part of the first group to be so joined in the State of Washington. They stood with hundreds of gay couples and pledged their faithfulness and troth to each other.


Micah and Eric are now married. I have known Eric since Micah and I were married, and I love him. He makes my puppy very happy, and that makes him aces in my book. But Micah’s marriage to Eric changes everything.


Micah's and my marriage in Second Life was a little unusual. It was extraordinarily intense and filled with commitment and loving interaction. It was said on many occasions by our friends that we were inseparable, and that we had something magical and unusual. But that now has to belong only to Micah and Eric – it cannot be divided up and have it make any sense.


With great happiness and with great sadness I have to announce that Micah and I will be moving on to go our separate ways. We remain friends – great friends, and I will always love and care for and about Micah and he for me. But the pledge of fidelity and exclusivity that we have in our marriage belongs now only with Eric for Micah and so I must move along. And so must Micah and so must our marriage and our relationship.


Micah and Eric went on a three week honeymoon to Greece where they ate and danced and drank wine and made love in ancient cities. They return committed completely to each other with plans for a formal marriage ceremony in December near the Christmas Holidays. And so they are saying goodbye to those relationships that they had before and clearing the way for a new life together now. And while Micah and I changed each other’s lives in wonderful ways over the past 8 months, it is time for that itself to change.


So join me as I raise a glass of champagne and toast to Micah and Eric and wish them happiness and joy and a long and wonderful marriage. Join with me in dancing in celebration of their love. Wherever you are – raise your glass and your voice to say Congratulations to them.


For myself, there are also many changes. I will write about them in due course but this post is about Micah and Eric.


Micah – I love you puppy – I am glad you accepted my Santa Hat those many months ago and I am glad you shared my Second Life and let me share yours for so long. I celebrate all we have meant to each other and how much we have helped each other to grow and change along the way.


Now and forever Micah I am your friend and am for you. And now I must add, I am for you and Eric.


Be well – grow strong together – never forget – Love does not falter – it does not turn its face away – it does not shy away from the hard tasks and the difficult places. Every day and in every moment – support each other and remember - it is your love that brings you together – and it is your love which will carry you always.


I love you both.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Here is Ami, a 26 ys old gay journalist living in Vienna.
Let me tell a little story, its not a "short story", it is really a short story.
When i chilled at boots beach in the first days of my sl life the appearance of a guy i saw there attracted me. His name was gabe. i began to flirt with him and at least he said "send me an email and you get a kiss". I was astonished, but sent him a mail. And gabe kissed me. It seemed to be a kiss born from fun and the warm summerday at the beach.
After this i could not forget gabe, his asking for a mail and his kiss.
So i googled for gabe semyorka in the internet. What i found was his blog. First i was flying over his words, but then, later on i read it more accurately. And - suddenly - at some sites of the blog, tears came in my eyes, tears i recogniced as tears of love. This was the moment i felt in love with gabe. I was confused because at this time i knew nearly nothing - besides of the blog - of him. And i didnt know, if he ever could be able to return my feelings. (now i can somethimg suppose, but still i dont know it accurately)
But what i am telling here, this is my story.If gabe loves me too, that is his story. Maybe once it will be our story. a story of two sl guys who are in love with each other.
Now let me come to an end: gabie babie, sweet, sweet gabie, i love you!

Mak said...

*full-on big brother mode*

Hi Ami. You might want to take things a little slower right now - he's only just split up from Micah. *looking concerned*

Esmiel said...

*full-on best mate mode*

Makara is dead right, Ami... give Gabie some space.

Gabie - I am missing you so much and I will be back in SL very soon to give you anything you need sweetie.

Unknown said...

*full on strong friend mode* (ok, i just had to do this cos Mak and Esmie did it!)

Gabe sweetie, i hope you are ok, and i'm also around for u if u need me!

Hi Ami, Gabe is one of the kindest soul around here.. and one of the very valued friend I have.. so please go slow and take your time in this. :)